BOX ELDER COUNTY — A longtime family-owned restaurant in Tremonton was badly damaged when a fire sparked in the kitchen area Saturday night.

According to the Tremonton Fire Department, crews were dispatched to a kitchen fire at Mack’s Family Drive-In located on 80 East and Main Street at 9:30 p.m. on May 11.







Fire at Mack's Family Drive-In

Damage inside Mack’s Family Drive-In after a kitchen fire Saturday, May 11, 2024. (Photo: Tremonton Fire Department)


Upon entering the building, firefighters reported heavy smoke and flames. Crews were able to contain the fire to the one building.

Officials reported that there was extensive damage to the inside of the restaurant.

All employees and customers were able to evacuate safely, and no injuries were reported.

Garland Fire and several law enforcement agencies responded to assist.

Photos showed the inside of the restaurant completely destroyed. The extent of the damage and cause of the fire is still being determined.

Mack’s is a family-owned and operated restaurant that’s been in business for nearly 60 years. It started out as an Arctic Circle and was owned by the Hansen family.



Source link

Leave a Reply